born 1986 Manila, Philippines
2018 Darmasiswa Scholarship to study Painting at Institut Seni Indonesia Bandung
2013 MA Art History University of the Philippines- Diliman (discontinued)
2011 BA Creative Writing (Malikhaing Pagsulat) University of the Philippines-Diliman
Solo and Two-Person Exhibitions
2018 Vestigium Scriptorium, Gateway Gallery and Museum, Manila, PH
2017 Paintings after Compositions, University of Santo Tomas Museum, Manila, PH
2015 Recent Works, 2015, Light and Space Contemporary- Fairview, Quezon City, PH
2014 Slaughterhouse (with Julius Redillas), Gallery 371, San Juan, Metro Manila PH
2013 Format, 2013, Light and Space Contemporary- Fairview, Quezon City, PH
Art Stage Singapore – Light & Space Contemporary Booth H1b, Marina Bay Sands, SG
Print Exhibition, Light & Space Contemporary at Hangaram Art Museum, Seoul, RK
Cool Memories, Gallery Planet, Seoul, RK
Radiation, Chulalongkorn University Art Center, Bangkok, Thailand
Excessive Projections – Light and Space Contemporary, Quezon City, Philippines
King’s Garden – Light and Space Contemporary, Makati, Philippines
Hyperion – Manila Contemporary, Makati, Philippines
Dark Side of the Sun – Art Informal, Manila, Philippines
Pagan Formula – Light and Space Contemporary – The Fort BGC, Philippines
Awards and Prizes
2010, Winner, Italian Trade Commission Design Competition, Embassy of Italy in Manila
2010, Finalist, Metrobank Art and Design Excellence Award
2009, Finalist, Shell National Students Art Competition, Shell Philippines
2016, KRITIKA, De La Salle University-Universidad de San Agustin, May 2016
2011, Research Fellowship, NODE Center, Berlin, Germany
2011 & 2009, Japan Foundation-UP Vargas Museum, Curatorial Development Program
2009 UST-Varsitarian J. Elizalde Navarro National Fellowship for Art Criticism
Selected topics in Philippine Art History, 18 February 2013, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts – Singapore.
Reincarnation of Philippine Legends in the Paintings of Rodel Tapaya, 21 August 2013, Claro Recto Conference Hall, University of the Philippines- Diliman.
‘Network Capitalism’ 20 March 2014, College of Arts and Letters, University of the Philippines- Diliman.
Modern Art influences in Print Advertisements (Philippine context), 20 June 2015, Office of Culture and the Arts, De La Salle – College of St. Benilde
Lektura ukol sa Die Frage nach der Technik ni Martin Heidegger, 26 October 2017, University of Santo Tomas-College of Engineering.
Preliminaryong Komentaryo sa Representasyon sa Dalawang Anyo ng Liktáo sa Butuan Heritage Museum, with Dr. Zeus Salazar, 26 Agosto 2018, Ginhawa Center, Quezon City, PH
Selected books and catalogs
1. Moment’s Notice: Collected Encounters. Berlin: CSCVA Publications. 2011. Book.
2. The Dumaguete Art Project in H o S P E D E. Porto, Portugal. 2012. Journal.
3. Asian Development Bank and Internationale Nederlanden Groep (ING) Art Exhibition, Ayala Museum. 2012. Catalog.
4. Distances. Light and Space Contemporary at Art Stage Singapore, January 2015. Catalog.
5. Paintings after compositions. Manila: UST Museum. 2017. Book Catalog.
1. “Recital pits music versus visual arts.” Philippine Daily Inquirer-Lifestyle: Arts and Books. Saturday 15 May 2017
2. “Paintings After Compositions, Compositions After Paintings: An exhibit.” Rappler- Community. Monday 17 May 2017.
3. Campomanes, Oscar. “Lost Dragonfly: Tradition and Translation between cultures and art forms.” Philippine Daily Inquirer- Lifestyle: Arts and Books. Monday 13 July 2010. Review
4. “The College Guys,” Contemporary Art Philippines, November 2012. Magazine.
5. Arcilla, Camille. “Young contemporary artists as Dirty, Poorly, Dressed.” Philippine Daily Inquirer, September 30, 2013.
6. Babiera, Lester. “Filipino artists, galleries showcased in Singapore.” Philippine Daily Inquirer, January 26, 2015.
7. “Show me the way.” Town & Country. May 2015.